MAKES YOU SCRATCH YOUR HEAD: Got a few of the great questions in life from a friend a few days ago. I thought I would share some:
– Only in America do people order double cheesburgers, large fries — and a Diet Coke.
– Only in America do banks leave the vault doors open and then chain the pens to the counters. (Those chained pens have always irritated the heck out of me.)
– Only in America do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveay — and put our useless junk in the garage.
– Only in America do we buy hot dogs in packages of 10 — and buns in packages of eight.
– Only in America do they have drive-up ATM machines — with Braille lettering.
FOUND ON FACEBOOK: “Today I am a NASCAR fan and then will go back into hibernation for another 364 days. I am rooting for whomever drives the Budweiser car, and whomever can win me the most money.”
OVERRATED: Super Bowl commericals.
UNDERRATED: Daytona 500 commercials.
BIRTHDAY BANTER: There’s a musical theme going here today, except for Sidney.
– Backstreet Boys singer Brian Littrell is 36. (He now also enjoys a career in contemporary Christian music.)
– In memoriam: Former Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain would have been 44. (His estate still rakes in millions of dollars each year from fans buying Cobain memorabilia and music.)
– Caribbean singer Rihanna is 23. (Wonder if Chris Brown sent her a card?)
– Actor Sidney Poitier is 84. (The first time I say Poitier in a film was The Blackboard Jungle.)