Ten more subjects whose 15 minutes of fame should be over any time now …
1. Lady GaGa: I thought she was entertaining for about 60 seconds when she performed on “American Idol” earlier this year. Now she’s just kind of annoying, especially the zipper over the eye schtick.
2. “Land of the Lost” movie: Get it out of the theaters now. It’s an insult to our collective intelligence. Anyone out there running a video rental store might want to pass on this particular title.
3. The “Halloween” movie franchise: I would rather sit through “Land of the Lost” again than watch another entry into the Michael Myers debacle. I find it unbelievable there’s another one of these films hitting the theaters later this year.
4.The Rihanna and Chris Brown soap opera: Here’s the bottom line. If she is stupid enough to go back to the guy who beat her up, then how much sympathy are we supposed to have? Obviously, Rihanna, the guy is a thug. It’s time to move on. And we don’t want to hear anymore about this subject.
5. Bryce Harper: Sports Illustrated dubbed this 16-year-old las Vegas high school baseball player “The Chosen One,” the best of all time or something along that line. Now we hear he is leaving high school two years early, thanks to a GED, and will enroll in a community college to be eligible for the 2010 Major League Draft. Does anyone remember David Clyde? This story will not have a happy ending. Guaranteed.
6. Michael Jackson: Every so often Jacko pops his weird head out from under a rock and grabs a few headlines. I read where he is upset because he will have to do 50 shows instead of just 10 on some European tour, due to some sort of contract snafu. Notice the tour is across the pond. That’s because the promoter is smart enough to realize Jacko is not exactly boffo box office in the land of the free.
7. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: I know my NASCAR brethren will hate me for this, and realize I will be public enemy No. 1 in Junior Nation, but it might be time to come to grips with the fact he’s just not that good. How could anyone move to Hendrick Motorsports and be this bad?
8. Kara DioGuardi: Has anyone even heard her name mentioned since the end of “American Idol?” Maybe she went underground after writing that ridiculous “No Boundaries” song Kris Allen is singing these days on the radio.
9. Susan Boyle: Susan who? I thought so.
10. North Korea: These guys, especially the vertically challenged “Dear Leader” of this armpit of a country, are annoying me more than even that “Land of the Lost” movie. Maybe that’s how we can solve this international dilemma. Threaten them with having to watch “Land of the Lost” for a week solid they don’t start playing nicer with the rest of the world.