Burgtorf 14th, Long 19th at Tri-City

May 31, 2010 10 Comments

Quincy’s Mark Burgtorf finished 14th Sunday night in the $10,000-to-win FedEx 50 at Tri-City Speedway near Granite City, Ill. Billy Moyer won the event, with Shannon Babb ending up second.

Michael Long of Quincy was 19th in the modified feature.

1. flyby says:

Good luck to Burgtorf tonight in Boone. Granite City to Quincy to Boone is almost 7 hours. Then the drive home. He’s gonna be tired.

Anyone know if Michael Long is going to the Hawkeye Dirt Tour race in Mason City tonight? Granite City to Mason City is 7 hours. Quite the haul also.

2. quincy racing says:

Steve Take a little better look at tri-city results this week end I think you will find a couple other quincy drivers one with 2 heat race wins and a feature win.

3. asphalt sucks says:

i heard abe wont be back guess you will just have terry yo brag on know stevie d.

4. jake 08 says:

Yep 11 year old Jake Griffin had a great Sunday night at Tri -city Speedway won the heat race in the Pro -Late Model then Won the Heat in the Kmod and Feature in it and Ran 7th in prolate model feature. Jake would like to thank all his sponsors for everything Outdoor Power, Simmertry com. Powder Coat plus ,Little Jess Jeep, Monster Energy ,Wilco fast breaks Micro-tel inns and suites, Mcpikes Pawn Shop And KELLYS The fun Place to eat and Drink. There were 28 Pro-late Models present with 5 of the top 10 in ump National points in 2009 there Three time feature winner at Tri-city ran 6th so we felt great about being blessed with that kind of a run. We are planning to be back at Quincy Raceways this week in the UMP A mod Hope to see you all there.

I love that Jake refers to himself in 3rd person, recomends more people try it.

6. flyby says:

That was probably Jakes father.

I was wondering how he has been doing. Sounds like he’s doing GREAT! Way to go down at Granite City! He will be running top 10 in the Modifieds in no time!

7. jake 08 says:

Thanks we have along way to go but have plenty of time to learn.Quincy will be tuff there are alot of good drivers that race there but its nice not to have to travel for one night. Dan Griffin

I liked it better when I thought he was refering to himself in third person. Ahh ignorance is bliss. Look forwrd to seeing him in quincy though.

9. fan418 says:

Congrats to Jake!! Yes, Mark made the big show. But, Michael was running 4th in the feature when a lapped car took him out. He also won Friday night at Donnellson and Saturday night at Memphis. Please give credit where credit is due

Fan418,

We reported Michael winning at Donnellson on Friday night. Had no idea a lapped car took him out at Tri-City. The results sheets don’t tell you that, but I appreciate you writing in so everyone knows. Feel free to let us know how a local driver does at an out-of-town track. Everyone appreicates that. If I don’t know a certain driver will be competing at a certain track, I have no reason to check every track in the midwest. And despite what I tell my wife, I’m not a mind reader … so any info is appreciated.