Burgtorf fourth at Boone Deery; Quincy up next on sked

May 31, 2010 20 Comments

Mark Burgtorf finished fourth Monday night in the Deery Brothers Summer Series tour stop in Boone, Iowa.

Series points leader Ray Guss Jr. earned the $2,000 first-prize check for the 40-lap main event that saw only one caution flag. Terry Neal was second and Joel Callahan third.

Neal started outside front row and led the first 16 laps. Guss had taken the green from outside row two and was on Neal’s back bumper for most of the early going before slipping inside for the lead. The front pair caught up to the back of the field shortly after midway and changed lines adroitly to work their way through. Burgtorf raced his way up to second before Neal and Callahan passed him back with two laps left.

The win was the 18th of Guss’ Deery career, tying him with Neal and Rob Toland for fifth on the all-time tour victory list.

QUINCY DEERY RACE JUNE 13

The eighth of 16 events on the 2010 schedule is Sunday, June 13 when the $3,000 to win, minimum $300 to start Titan Wheel and Tire Shootout unfolds at the Bullring. Pit gates open at 2 p.m., the grandstand at 4. Hot laps are scheduled for 5, racing at 5:30.

This will be the 24th Deery race at Quincy.

Burgtorf won the first Deery event in Quincy this season on April 11. Jason Frankel, Guss, Keith Pratt anbd Denny Woodworth rounded out the top five that night.

1. Girl Mod Fan says:

Stevie could you ask Mr T if there is any way we could have a vendors night, where all the teams could sell their shirts. I dont always get a chance to go in the back and I would love to have a few other shirts. This not oly would add income to the drivers and possibly get the sponsors out there. I now I wear my t-shirts at time for work or out to play and I just think it would be great to be able to pick up some more t-shirts to help supposrt our racers. Mr. T ever think of making a QRW t-shirt???

Girl Mod Fan,

That is a tremendous idea. I will be happy to forward your thoughts, but I think Mr. T. will have read them here well before I get the chance to talk with him. Great idea!!

“sigh” I miss #7 MB. COME BACK! :-)

4. Girl Mod Fan says:

So Stevie….. If I will be your run and fetch gal can you hook me up with some of the goods? Insider news =)

Girl Mod Fan,

“Run and fetch” ??? …. there is no caste system in Dirt Nation … and what I know, you will know … we are all One Nation Under Dirt!! … but if you would happen to find it in the kindness of your heart to bring me a brat at 8000 Broadway on Sunday night it WOULD be appreciated!!!

If stevie gets a brat so do I and none of that turkey brat crap, show me the beef baby!

have you guys ever tried those Johnsonville new orleans style brats? those would be HUUUUUUUGE at the bullring.

I’m up for trying new things. Do you ever look at your blog and wonder how it got away from you and your original message? Does keeps things entertaing. If you can get Mr. T to carry them a brats a brat as long as its not turkey. LOL! :-)

if it were turkey, i think it would then have to qualify as a club sandwich.

and no, i don’t wonder. that would require deep thought and i am not capable of that.

I’m still trying to figure out what happened to tony dunker’s mullet.

10. Girl mod fan says:

lol okay… Stevie will have a brat just for you… you name time and place… then I want to meet one of your favorite drivers :-) This way we both happy!!!

11. Girl mod fan says:

Stevie you know you cant wait to meet us 2!!! We are your biggest fans!!! :-D

maybe it went to locks for love. Good cause.

13. racefan says:

off topic a bit…but talking about food. Don’t ya’ll think the food prices at the track are a bit outrageious? Don’t get me wrong, I still bought my tenderloin, but geesh!!

14. dirtwatcher says:

racefan,

couldn’t agree more … a lot of my race buddies have started eating BEFORE they get to the track this year. it’s cheaper to drive through steak and shake on the way. i wanna support the track, but i think they reaised the prices a little TOO MUCH…. and sunday nite i went to get a chicken sandwich at INTERMISSION and they were out.

15. racefan says:

I honestly don’t know how these young families can afford to bring the entire family out (especially on expensive nights like this past Sunday and on Deery nights). It would have to cost them a fortune to even get their kids a snack, much less a meal! I know the concessions need to make money, but I don’t think they realize that by raising things THIS much, more and more people will be doing the same thing “dirtwatcher” and their buddies are doing…either eat BEFORE or AFTER the race!
    Open your eyes owners….the fans are wising up! ; )

16. Girl mod fan says:

Skipp….we are anexiousl awaiting something from you, to crack a joke, to lay the law seiously think we are going through a skipp withdraw….

PS skipp can I steal a few brats you make to make it on Stevies good side pretty please!!!! ;-)

Girl Mod Fan,

You’ll always be on my good side! BUT … where is Skipp? (Maybe he’s hetting his mullet styled?)

18. TEAM4FAN says:

SORRY , I WAS BUSY , HAD TO DRAG MY OLD ASS OUTTA RETIREMENT TO PLAY SOFTBALL TONITE !!!!! OOOOUUUUCCCCCHHHH!!!!!!

FIRST OFF …. STEVIE D , YOU AINT SEEN A MULLET TIL I LET MINE GO AGAIN , BUT JUST FOR ALL THE FANS , IM BRINGIN IT BACK ( BONE JUST TXT ME TOO , HERE IT COMES ,,,,, “TEAM4 MULLET RACIN” FACEBOOK PAGE ………. ) BTW ….. CHICS DIG ” THE DO ” !!!!!!!

RACEFAN = TELL ME ABOUT THAT !!! I HAVE A FAMILY OF 7 , & ITS A POCKET EMPTYIN’ TRIP EACH WEEK , BUT HEY WHADAYADO ???? BUT, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO JOIN US WHEN WE TAILGATE IN THE EAST END OF THE PARKIN LOT …… MY FAMILY , TEAM4 , & THE PRATTS OFTEN BRING OUT THE BURNERS , THE KIDS & THE YARD GAMES & HANG OUT BOUT 2:00 OR SO (NOT TO BOYCOT THE TRACK FOOD , THATS WHY WE ONLY DO IT A FEW TIMES A YEAR , BUT JUST HANGIN AS FRIENDS & RACEFANS) YES ,,,, WE HAVE BRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NEXT TAILGATE DATE : DEERY SHOW JUNE 13 (3 DAYS AFTER MY B-DAY … PRESENTS ARE APPRECIATED ….. BEER BEER BEER BEER ) MY TWO NEW BUDDIES “GMF & racefan” BETTER SHOW THE NEXT TIME ! ! ! ! ! ! !

AS FOR THE HIGHER PRICES , I THINK IT WOULD BE MORE JUSTIFIED IF THE GRANDSTANDS AREA WAS ALL CONCRETE (ahem , HINT HINT) & WE HAD CUTE CHICKIES ON ROLLER SKATES RUNNIN ORDERS !!!! CAN I GET A “HELL-YEH” ! ! ! ! ! !

HOLLLY HELL , I THINK IM GETTIN TORNADO’D ON HERE IN URSA, GOTTA FLY !

== SEE YA’LL SUNDEE !!!!!! SKIPP

ps “LOCK FOR LOVE” ??? HAHAHAHAHA CLASSIC

I could handle chicks on skates bringing me food just don’t spill my beer.

20. Girl Mod Fan says:

lol…. what kind of beer?? And would you like a bow tied to that?? Oooo or how about a new beer mug…. No more party fouls either Mr. Skipp…. :-D