Anyone else’s wife sick of them being at home Sunday nights?

July 28, 2010 11 Comments

I just looked at the weather forecast for Sunday for the first time this week. Could it be true? Could there be sunshine? Could there be … racing?

My wife is really getting sick of me around the house on Sunday nights.

“This my quiet time, why do you have to be here?!” she said last Sunday.

“It’s not my idea,” I said.

I wonder if any other marriages are under fire because of all the cancellations this year?

Please let there be racing Sunday night. Please.

1. bullringfan says:

don’t have the wife “problem” that you speak of Stevie,but i am tired of sitting at home by myself on sunday nights. :)

2. Stock Car fan says:

I’m not a wife that needs to get her husband out of the house, but it is a time for me to get a babysitter and enjoy an evening away from the kiddo. Come on mother nature, be nice this week.

Don’t worry Stevie my husband and my mom are aggraviated when I’m home on Sunday nights. I think we can race. For the love of god I love my kids but if I have to spend another Sunday night at home with them I might end up with one less.

4. Girl Mod Fan says:

I think the kids are awaiting for a Sunday night of racing… This one grandma and aunti Linda can spoil them all over the placce, they can run a muck!!! With me there I actually keep them in line!!! Soooo please mother nature give my children some relief =o)

GMF did I miss something major when did you get more than one kid. I know you want want of mine well I’ll let you have one of the girls. Even let you claim her on your taxes. :-)

6. ladyteam4fan says:

If the truth be told, it would probably be the other way around in MY house….my husband would probably prefer that I go to the races alone and HE could have a little alone time at home!!

comeon sunshine….do your thang!!! See everyone Sunday (hopefully)

7. TEAM4FAN says:

HI GUYS !!! MISS ME ?????
    I TELL YA WHAT ,,, IT AINT SO MUCH MY WIFE THATS MAD ,,,, BUT MY LIVER DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ! ! ! SUNDAY NITES WITHOUT THE MANDATORY 5 TALL BOYS ?!?!?!?!?!? WHATS GOIN ON HERE ????????????????

MY BUDDY “WOODY” & I SAT DOWN LAST YEAR & DECIDED THAT MONDAYS AT “DUNKER CONCRETE” WOULD BE NOON TIL 3 …. (MOSTLY DRIVING & 2 LUNCHES !! ) ALONG WITH THE OCCASSIONAL PIT STOP AT THE GAS STATION FOR SOME “ALEVE”

……. BUT GOOD OL’ MOMMA NATURE HAS PUT A SERIOUS WHIPPIN ON ALL THAT “WELL THOUGHT OUT SCHEDULING” FOR THIS YEAR !!! WHAT A BUNCH O (YEH)

NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT ,, MY HEAD HAS NO IDEA WHATSOEVER WHAT TO DO ON MONDAY MORNING WHEN ITS NOT IN A CONSTANT THROBBING STATE ….. YEH , I KNOW , WE COULD GO SIT AT THE TAVERN & THROW EM DOWN , JUST SO’S NOT TO UPSET THE NATURAL BALANCE OF SUNDAY NIGHT , MILLER LITE INTAKE , BUT ,,,,, DAMMIT ,,, ITS JUST NOT THE SAME !!!!!!!

….. WOW , THAT MADE ME THIRSTY …… SEE YA’LL SUNDAY == SKIPP

8. Godfather says:

Skip if would help I could come to the tavern and flip you off and throw mud in your face every so often if it would help. That way you might think you was at the Bullring after several tall boys.

9. Rocket says:

Oooo man we went to Donnellson last night. What an AWESOME show! Track was fast and racing was awesome. We laughed the whole way home because of one incident. Last week Dane Fenton in the 3d hobby stock was claimed by Jim Lynch. This week it was Family Motors night. Which is a car dealership in Burlington. Dan (Father) Jake (Son) and (Isaah) son run the business. Dan and Jake race hobby stocks. Jake won the feature. Dan got 3rd. They are known for having high dollar outlaw motors in their cars. Well after the feature Dane Fenton claimed Jake Wenig. Dan comes running to victory lane in front of the whole crowd yelling JAAAKKKEE JAAAAKKKEEE YOU GOT CLAIIIMMEEEDDD. lol hahahahaha. Everyone was laughing. Then Jake takes off his hat (he races with it every week and puts it on before he gets out of the car to get his picture taken….ya) and he puts his hand over his face like hes crying. lol lol. He stood there for a few minutes in shock. Everyone just staring at him. Then he walked away from the car with his daddy. In the claiming area, Dan, Jake, Isaah and their other crew members were getting in Danes face yelling at him. Dan was inspecting Danes motor to see if little Jake should swap the motor or sell. ( Officials must of forgot about this rule…Of course it was Family Motors night.. **** 4. Only driver and officials allowed in claiming area.***7. Only driver may claim engine & only driver may agree to sell or refuse to sell engine.) Then of course after the race the Wenigs drank beer with the track owners until 3 oclock in the morning. Drowning their sorrows. ooooo gotta love dirt track racin!!!!

Does your beer miss ya then Skip?

11. ladyteam4fan says:

I’m sure last night there was surely a touching moment between Skipp and his beer….possibly even a poetic moment between lovers…..”Oh beer, sweet beer….how I long for thee….to touch my lips to you would be pure splendor!” Skipp was probably running in slow mo….arms outstretched….to the waiting arms of his beer bottle….LOL LOL

*sniff, sniff*…I just love a happy ending!! *sniff*

Luv ya Skipp!!