And the gold medal winner(s) for 2010 are …

September 25, 2010 11 Comments

GMF and JAF

The most important elements of this blog are all of those race fans who read it and take part with their comments. In three seasons this “Stevie Dirt” thing has mushroomed beyond all imagination — and you guys are the reason.

Thank you!

This is first year we started awarding weekly “medals” for blog contributions. I just wish I had started it three years ago. I’m not sure who had more fun with the awards — the “winners” or myself. Each week I would go back re-read all of the comments and try to pick the most deserving winners. Maybe it would be for a series of comments, or just one. Each week was different.

It seems only appropriate that we name a gold, silver and bronze medal winner for the season. So here goes:

Gold medal: The two hardest-working blog contributors — and two of the craziest — were “Just A Fan” and “Girl Mod Fan”. As the season wore on, it became obvious to other readers JAF and GMF were not only sisters, but blonde sisters, which opened up a whole new world of jokes for all of us. From start to finish, JAF and GMF were awesome. I could not differentiate between the two for the gold, so they both get one!

Silver medal: Finishing a close second in my estimation was “Team 4 Fan,” whose zany ALL CAPS COMMENTS were always entertaining. He also amde some excellent points, even though I had to bleep quite a few of his contributions.

Bronze medal: “DaveMoore#97crew” may have delivered the best single comment of the season when he told us his wife was upset because he was not paying enough attention to her. Instead, Dave was spending too much time on the  Stevie Dirt blog. When we start our hall of fame for blog contributors, Dave will be a charter member.

Look sissy we might actually be someone lol!!! We love ya stevie!!

2. ladyteam4fan says:

I could not agree more with your choices Stevie….especially for Gold!! Way to go girls!! (and GREAT picture, by the way!) Congratulations!!

Gold! Wow we are honored. Who thought our wild and crazy thoughts and ideas would ever win us an award. WooHoo! So glad my good buddy Dave Moore is on the podium with us. Will be conspiring all fall and winter so check back periodiclly and see what we’re up to. Stinky rain not sure if we’ll get to see any more cars at the bullring this season but I sure hope. I got a lot of cheering left to do.

4. teambaileyfan says:

hey hey new trophy girls hope has competition

5. Michael Larsen #48 says:

GMF and JAF congrats and you REALLY deserve them!!!

I love this blog hopefully we get in at least more race to blog about. Stevie what do you think of me starting a short bus for fans. We can pick out of town races to go to and root for our favorites. Beer is optional, at least for the others. That way I can’t get left behind anymore.

I just got redirected to a fishing guide site when clicking on recent comments. That was trippy is that a joke for all the rain we had or just a peek at what’s to become of the bullring.

JAF,

1. I took care of the “fishing guide” problem. That one slipped through. I hate the morons that bombard sites with spam.

2. I like your other idea — a lot. That could be a good offseason project to work on. Oh, and don’t worry we’ll have plenty to talk about in the off season. The only thing better than the regular season is the off season!!!

9. Michael Larsen #48 says:

teambaileyfan,

i have to agree on that one!!

10. TEAM4FAN says:

(BLEEPIN) SILVER ???? I GUESS I CAN HANDLE THAT … SON OF A (BLEEP) !!!!!
    CHEATIN ASS BLONDE (BLEEPS) …. I THINK THEYRE ON THE (BLEEPIN) COMPUTER 27 HRS A (BLEEPIN) DAY !!!!! COLD WEATHER IS A COMIN THO (THATS MY (BLEEPIN) TIME OFF) …. BRING ON THE “NEED A CAPTION” PICTURES STEVIE , IM SURE I GOT SOMETHIN FOR THAT (BLEEP) !!!!!

OH YEH ….. S-A-B-K !!!!! (BLEEP THAT)

== GREAT YEAR STEVIE , LOVED IT !!!!!!

== SKIPP

11. TEAM4FAN says:

OH YEH , IVE BEEN REFERRED TO AS MANY THINGS BEFORE , BUT , “ZANY” ??????

THATS WIERD !!!!!