2. Tony Dunker, Brandon Brown and Justin Reed are talking about the latest episode of “Rubicon” on Sunday nights, rather than what just happened in a heat race.
3. Denny Woodworth knows he won’t be referred to as the “late model lawyer” again until next April.
4. Jason Frankel won’t have someone tell him he could be Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s double until next March’s mall show.
5. Ice forms in turns one and two following the pre-race watering of the track.
6. There is a sense of calm in the hobby stock pits, as opposed to the weekly fisticuffs in July and August.
7. Terry Houston and/or Dave Moore are no longer making Iowa stock car drivers mad.
8. Race fans are given a coupon that can be used toward a Thanksgiving turkey.
9. The Rev. Dennis Thomas, the unofficial track pastor, wishes all in attendance a happy holiday season before the start of the last night of racing.
10. Hope Cernea is wearing a winter jacket in victory lane.