Work on the track: 3

October 31, 2010 13 Comments

Thanks to Joe Bliven and Quincy Raceways for these pictures. Work has been under way for about two weeks, taking off banking at both ends and along both the front and back stretches.

1. Dave Sapp JR says:

Great for High Speed demo derby

2. Tim says:

Ditto!!!

Nothing against the races but besides the UMP Summer Nationals, and some other “things”, the Nights of Destructions were the best thing for a great price and enjoyement for the WHOLE family!!

Lets bring them back! I would love to promote something like that!

3. flyby says:

You racing Sappy?

I think the track work is a great idea. More side by side racing. Does anyone know the length of the track around inside and outside?

I’m still confused about start time. Do they listen to the fans\racers who pay the money? Heck look at the voting that was on here. 7 pm was the LEAST voted for and you guys and gals know that 50% (or more) of the time. that is when the racing will be started.

I know this is suppose to look better… but lmao this looooooks a tad rough!!

Great to see the track personel putting forth the effort with some track prep for the 2011 season.
    Although I have a question, i guess i will direct to “flyby” since his exact comment was “I think the track work is a great idea”
    Could you please explain to me what solution is being made with track conditions from the pictures you are seeing on here? What is being done that will make the racing surface better than it was in 2010?

Changes….. Good places to hide bodies….. lol

7. flyby says:

I’m not real sure of your question here team4. If I’m reading your question right, my answer would be….less banking. But you worded it kinda weird. Are you against the track work? Were you happy with the single file racing that happened almost all season? Don’t get me wrong I love watching the the guys ride the cushion and fly around the top side but I would much rather see a car down low trying to make the bottom work to maybe get passed the guy up top. It was single file this year, the fans know it, the drivers know it, heck the promoter admitted it. Why do you think he is trying to change things.

I still think the 630 start time is ddddduuuuummmbbbb. They must of looked at Stevie Dirts poll and laughed at it. I think the winning vote was 430. They decided on TWO HOURS passed that!!!! The 530 “start” time last year convinced me to show up more than normal because I would be home at a decent time.

NOT AGAINST THE TRACK WORK AT ALL FLYBY. AND GLAD TO HEAR DROPPING FOOD PRICES & KEEPING GATE THE SAME…….BUT, WE HAVE ALL SEEN EQUIPMENT ON THE TRACK BEFORE. WIDER? & FLATTER DOESNT MEAN SMOOTHER AND RACEABLE. THEY ARE KNOCKING THE CORNERS DOWN NOT EXTENDING THEM. THEREFORE, YES YOU COULD SET 4 (STOPPED) CARS SIDE BY SIDE IN THE CORNERS BUT WHEN YOU GET TO THE TRACK & THERE IS WATER SITTING ON THE BOTTOM 1 1/2 GROOVES, IT WILL NOT DRY UP & WORK IN BY FEATURE TIME. ITS ONE GROOVE BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO RACE IN SLOP. WITH THE HIGH BANK IT AT LEAST GIVES A DRIVER THE OPPORTUNITY TO RACE ON TOP GROOVE (THE LONGER DISTANCE AROUND THE TRACK) BY DRIVING IN FURTHER AND HARDER (FASTER). HECK THE TRACK AT MEMPHIS IS 6 CARS WIDE ALL THE WAY AROUND AND AT THE RECENT 2 DAY SHOW I DIDNT SEE MANY CARS RACING MORE THAN A GROOVE AND A HALF OFF THE BOTTOM (COMPETITIVELY)
    I THINK THE DIRT BEING MOVED IS A GREAT IDEA, IF THEY CAN GET BACK DOWN TO THE GOOD CLAY MATERIAL AND CAN GET THE SURFACE TO HOLD TOGETHER THAT WOULD BE AWESOME, ALSO NEED TO WORK ON EITHER LOWERING THE INFIELD AREAS WHERE WATER SETS IN THE CORNERS OR RAISING THE LOWER RACING SURFACE SO THE WATER DRAINS OFF THE TRACK AND DOESNT SET ON IT.

HIGHER PURSES IN MOST CLASSES WILL BE A PLUS AS WELL, HOPEFULLY WILL MAKE THE TRIP WORTH IT FOR MORE OUTA TOWNERS AND GET THE MOD CAR COUNT BACK UP TO 25-30.

LAST YEAR QUINCY WAS THE LOWEST PAYING 1ST PLACE UMP TRACK IN THE 2-3 HR RADIUS *AND* YES THE HIGHEST PAYING START PAY WHICH IS GOOD FOR 12-24TH EXCEPT MOST OUTA TOWNERS TRAVEL *****TO WIN****

T DUNKER

9. quincyracingfan says:

Why all the negativity TEAM4BOSSMAN? They are trying something new and you want to complain. Quit being a debby downer.

I heard team4 is gonna start selling team4 tasers. WoHooo I want 3.

Ooo and cow prods!!!

Watch out haters…. its on…. =-D

12. TEAM4FAN says:

JAF – GMF …… IF YOU’RE GONNA BE TASIN ALL THE TEAM4 HATERS , YOU BETTER HAVE LOTS & LOTS OF BATTERIES !!!!! ( OH ,,,,,, NEVERMIND ) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

WRITE THAT DOWN STEVIE-D ! ! ! ! JOKE OF THE YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!

== LOVE YA GIRLS === SKIPP

Oooo brother…. 8-) *giant eye roll towards Skipp*

I hear if you encourage children it only gets worse!! =-p