Think racing season is not getting closer by the day? I picked up a copy of Sports Illustrated’s NASCAR Review/Preveiw 2011 at the Quincy Mall Monday night. Here’s the magazine’s picks for next season’s Sprint Cup championship:
1. Jimmie Johnson: That would be six in a row.
2. Kyle Busch: If he harnesses his aggression, he could win 10 races. Their words, not mine.
3. Denny Hamlin: “At 30, his best years are ahead of him.” Hey, at 57, I feel the same way.
4. Carl Edwards: Hopefully, he’ll stop in again at Quincy Raceways.
5. Kevin Harvick: I’ve nenevr understood that “Happy” nickname. Harvick has always been a major pain in the butt.
6. Kasey Kahne: I can’t see him finishing this high, even with the switch to the Red Bull team.
7. Jeff Gordon: Gordon thinks he has at least one more title in him. I’m beginning to doubt it.
8. Tony Stewart: He only had none top-five finishes in 2010. That’s hard to believe.
9. Mark Martin: Check out the comments about whether or not he is a Hall of Famer. I think you’ll find them quite interesting.
10. Matt Kenseth: Like Gordon, I think his best days might be behind him.
11. Joey Logano: Definitely a future champion.
12. Kurt Busch: A dark horse title pick?