Let’s have a little fun tonight and test your Bullring knowledge. Here’s what prizes you can look forward to if you get:
4 to 6 correct: A movie date with track announcer “Pretty Doug” Mealy.
3 or fewer correct: Tech man Doug Miller will read poetry to you before the first race of the season.
Gentlemen and gentlewomen, let’s go racin ….
1. Modified driver Tony Dunker is known by what nickname?
A. The American Dream
D. Tater Tot
2. What are the real first names of “The Blonde Girls,” who frequently contribute to this blog?
A. LaVerne and Shirley
B. Lori and Lisa
C. Pansy and Rose
D. Brat and Wurst
3. What late model driver has finished runner-up in points four times in the last 10 years?
A. Lonnie Bailey
B. Denny Woodworth
C. Mark Burgtorf
D. Boone McLaughlin
4. Four late model drivers have won two or more track titles. Name them.
5. Not counting the victory Boone McLaughlin was awarded in April 2007 when Mark Burgtorf was disqualified, who was the last non-Quincy regular to win a Deery Brorthers race at the Bullring?
A. Jeff Aikey
B. Rob Toland
C. Terry Neal
D. Dave Sapp Jr.
6. Which driver won the last “B” modified track title at Quincy in 2005?
A. Marty Hull Sr.
B. Kelly Bartz
C. Tony Dunker
D. Wyatt Lantz
7. Who is the only driver besides Hank DeLonjay to win more than two modified track titles at Quincy?
A. Greg Uppinghouse
B. Gary Dreyer
C. Michael Long
D. Sam Burgtorf
8. What two drivers tied for the stock car track championship in 2008? The title was ultimately decided by number of features won.
9. Who won the first bomber (now hobby stock) track title in 1987?
A. Jerry Poor
B. Harold Ketchum
C. Jack Walbring
D. Kenny Williams
10. Who was the last driver before Michael Long to lead the modified series in feature victories? He had eight in 2006.
A. Hank DeLonjay
B. Steven DeLonjay
C. Wyatt Lantz
D. Vance Wilson
ANSWERS WILL BE POSTED WEDNESDAY.