We’re always rating drivers, cars and races … so why not take it an entirely new step farther? Below is the the inaugural rankings for Stevie Dirt blog contributors. These are the guys and girls who make this whole thing so much fun:
1. flyby: He may not always be right, but his comments usually serve as a lightning rod for anyone named Dunker.
2. TEAM4FAN: The 2011 Blog Contributor of the Year is trying for a second straight title, and judging by the past few days he’s working his way into a good midseason lather.
3. TEAMFOURBOSS: You always know where you stand with the driver/owner of No. 4 (and No. 3).
4. Joe Boom: Mr. Punctuation is making a strong bid for the top spot.
6. Just a fan: Half of the 2010 Blogger of the Year tandem, this blonde is the one who wants to drive a sport compact. Someone out there please let her get behind the wheel.
7. GMF: She’s been relatively quiet this season, especially for a blonde.
8. rizzle: He’s coming on strong. Definite top-five potential.
9. leadfoot: A relative newcomer to this mix, leadfoot has shown he’s willing to mix it up.
10. racefan27: this could be the new blogger the rest love to hate.
In staging: Forracer06, bullringfan, Michael Larsen, showstopper.