2013 NASCAR fave? Jimmie Johnson

February 4, 2013 23 Comments

The clock is ticking. Racing season is drawing nigh.

We’re now inside three weeks until the green flag drops at Daytona, so let’s take a quick look at how our favorite drivers are going to do this season — at least in my opinion. You can tell me yours by leaving a post and/or voting in the poll at the right.

THIS YEAR’S NASCAR TOP 10

1. Jimmie Johnson: They’ll be calling him “Six-Time” after this year’s Chase.

2. Denny Hamlin: Another solid season, another close call and another season with no championship.

3. Brad Keselowski: There’s no way he wins two in a row, but NASCAR’s answer to Tony Dunker will make it exciing — again.

4. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: Junior will never win a championship, but this will be his best season to date.

5. Tony Stewart: I think Smoke has entered the autumn of his career. I don’t think there are any more titles left in the No. 14 car.

6. Jeff Gordon: The same goes for No. 24. I thought he would at least get to five championships, but unless Ray Evernham takes over as crew chief again it’s just not going to happen.

7. Kevin Harvick: He continues to be his own worst enemy.

8. Kasey Kahne: If just for once he could get off to a great start, he could sneak away with a championship.

9. Greg Biffle: The Biff will never be consistent enough to win a title.

10. Clint Bowyer: Arguably the most underrated driver in the Sprint Cup Series.

Miscellaneous

Jeff Burton

Biggest disappointment: Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth. Take your pick. It’s going to be a long year for both.

First major driver to lose his ride: Ryan Newman. Tony Stewart might finally run out of patience.

Most improved: Joey Logano. He’s still learning, just doing it in quicker fashion.

Fading fast: Jeff Burton. The glory days are long gone.

1. Fordracer says:

Stevie, I think you left out a driver in your thoughts. I think Carl Edwards will be very strong this year. Best driver Roush/finway has right now. With Roush and Penske working together, I think the Ford camp will be very strong. Jack Roush stated that he was intrigued by how the Penske chassis were designed and that they were a lot different than his chassis. Two of the best working together, might be interesting.
    I vote for Ricky Stenhouse as rookie of the year. Two nation wide championships, kid should be good. Just my two cents.

Four Fingers and a nub is not going for two hands this year stop drinking the kook-aid old man. Smoke may be a bit seasoned but he’s still got a full head of hair. He’s got a lot of winning left to do so just sit back and enjoy the show. lol

3. Dave Moore says:

Hey , the Fordracer man hit the nail right on the head. jaf and dirt are still living in lal lal land while riding on the turnip truck. Get real, the 2013 cup winner will be in a FORD.

Like Dave, cousin Carl is over the hill.

5. STEALTH says:

SEE WHAT I MEAN. STOP TALKING STATS AND MORE CRAP AND THE BLOG LIGHTS RIGHT UP. YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT…………..

IVE GOT A BEN FRANKLIN THAT SAYS FORD WILL NOT WIN THE CUP CHAMPIONSHIP……..ANY TAKERS ????????????

6. JoeBoomFan says:

if ya cant figure out the numbers stealth buy a calculator.

7. not carl edwards says:

THE ONLY WAY CARL EDWARDS WINS A TITLE IS IF ALL THE CHEVIES STAY HOME.

8. Fordracer says:

Hahaha! Carl over the hill! That’s a good one and you have grandpa Gordon in your top ten.

Stealth, I don’t know about a Franklin; that could go towards racing fund, but I’ll bet you a cold beer a Ford takes it home.

Not Carl Edwards – Chevies might as well stay home because the fords have this! Just sayin’!

9. SKIPP says:

WHOA WHOA WHOA …. NOW WERE BETTIN BEERS. ????
    YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION GENTLEMEN. ! ! ! ! ! ….CARRY ON
    STEALTH …QUIT TRYIN TO DO MATH, YOU MITE, ONE DAY, NEED THAT ENERGY TO PULL YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR (HAT) … haha (self correct dirtman)
    GO DANICA. ! ! ! (hi godfather)

10. STEALTH says:

FORD RACER, LETS MAKE IT A 12 PAC, WE CAN FIND EACH OTHER AFTER HOMESTEAD…

11. Fordracer says:

I drink Miller Lite! That’s all I need to say there. Dave you need to get in on this; you can bet with skipp unless skipp is a Ford fan; in that case you can buy each other a beer and call it good.

12. Qcy Godfather says:

Skipp I’d be willing to bet a tall one for you and a Diet Mountain Dew for me that Miss Danica don’t finish in the top 20 in points!

Boys y’all know Fords are only good for one thing. Dirt. The only thing Ford will be 1st in this year is finishing behind the winner. While Carl looks good eating a sub he hasn’t been close enough to victory lane to flick a booger in it since Smoke stole his Mojo. It’s experienced oh you’re hair’s so fluffy year so enjoy. I’ll need that Bud Lite Cold fellas.

14. Quincyracing says:

Sorry but we have to jump on the ford band wagon All the pavement cars Jake Griffin Racing are now FORD powered. Like to get some dirt car fords to but need a little Ford Fans CASH and a few more good sponsors.

HEY DIRTY STEVE – EASY ON THE “WONT WIN 2 IN A ROW” BASH – I WILL LET YOU IN ON THE WIN MORE THAN 50% OF FEATURES STARTED ON THE MOHAWK AT THE BANQUET DEALIO WITH MR DARIN PETERS

I AM…………#3……………………………..& WILL GO BACK TO BACK IF THE MONEY IS RITE?

LEMME KNOW

16. Taco says:

If ya like the looks of a Chevy, then just buy a Ford and u could end up looking at the back of a chevy everyday………..just for you Fordracer…….

17. Taco says:

Hey Old like Godfather man…….better get off old Skipp…..You talk beer and his hair perks up like a dogs ears when ya whistle for them……..O HI SKIPP…….SABK…!

See JAF…. I have been his favorite all along!!! Here we go JJ! Who doesnt love a good 6 pack… :)

is it just me, or does Jeff Gordon look like a young Dave Moore?

Was anyone alive to see a young Dave Moore?

21. fordracer06 says:

Taco; When you drive a Ford you will get a good look at a chevy…. When you are putting the chevy a lap down!! As Stevie says “Bahahahaha!”

22. STEALTH says:

IT’S TIME FOR A NEW POSTING DIRT…………
    AND NOT A STATISTICAL ONE………..

He should post the article about the Brad Coleman hitting a coyote during testing!! Talk about coming out of left field…