We’re now inside three weeks until the green flag drops at Daytona, so let’s take a quick look at how our favorite drivers are going to do this season — at least in my opinion. You can tell me yours by leaving a post and/or voting in the poll at the right.
THIS YEAR’S NASCAR TOP 10
1. Jimmie Johnson: They’ll be calling him “Six-Time” after this year’s Chase.
2. Denny Hamlin: Another solid season, another close call and another season with no championship.
3. Brad Keselowski: There’s no way he wins two in a row, but NASCAR’s answer to Tony Dunker will make it exciing — again.
5. Tony Stewart: I think Smoke has entered the autumn of his career. I don’t think there are any more titles left in the No. 14 car.
6. Jeff Gordon: The same goes for No. 24. I thought he would at least get to five championships, but unless Ray Evernham takes over as crew chief again it’s just not going to happen.
7. Kevin Harvick: He continues to be his own worst enemy.
8. Kasey Kahne: If just for once he could get off to a great start, he could sneak away with a championship.
9. Greg Biffle: The Biff will never be consistent enough to win a title.
10. Clint Bowyer: Arguably the most underrated driver in the Sprint Cup Series.
Biggest disappointment: Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth. Take your pick. It’s going to be a long year for both.
First major driver to lose his ride: Ryan Newman. Tony Stewart might finally run out of patience.
Most improved: Joey Logano. He’s still learning, just doing it in quicker fashion.
Fading fast: Jeff Burton. The glory days are long gone.