Marking his checkbook

July 16, 2013 15 Comments

QR OLD LOGOimagesmoney_bag_greenMark Burgtorf is not only leading the late model points race, he’s also atop the money earned list — again. Burgtorf, who has not won a track title since 2007, has not led the Bullring in money earned since 2009.

Here’s a look at the current late model leaders in money won in points races, overall and career:

2013 Money earned for points races

Ricky Frankel, $3,690
Brandon Sheppard, $3,620
Jason Perry, $3,595
Brian Shirley, $3,500
Michael Long, $3,110
Chad Simpson, $3,000

Career leaders for all races (since 2006)
Mark Burgtorf, $85,500

Other notable active drivers
Dustin Griffin, $25,775
Robby Warner, $24,430
Ron Elbe, $18,905
Clint Kirkham, $13,800

1. Qcy Godfather says:

Now can you tell us how much they spent to win these amounts.

2. Keith Pratt says:

Amen Godfather!

It would be interesting to hear from some of the drivers about that. Any volunteers?

4. DRONE says:

NOW TAKE THE TOP 5 IN LATE MODLES AND DIVIDE BY THE NUMBER OF RACES RAN. I DON’T CARE WHAT BULLRINGFAN SAYS, THE PURSE IS A BIG PART OF THE PROBLEM. (I KNOW CRAIG COURTY) YOUR SUPPOSED TO RACE FOR FIRST NOT 5TH, BUT WITH TIRE CHEATERS AND ELECTRONIC DEVICES OUT THERE (THAT NO OFFICIAL WOULD EVEN KNOW WHERE TO LOOK) THE HONEST PEOPLE ARE RACING FOR 5TH ON BACK..

GOTTA CALL IT LIKE I SEE IT

DRONE IS WATCHING

5. KENNY PRATT says:

I’M NOT A DRIVER BUT I CALL TELL YOU SINCE UMP HAS TAKEN EFFECT MY TEAM HAS LOST OVER 50,000 DOLLARS IN ASSETTS. IT MIGHT JUST BE TIME FOR A 32-FOOT PONTOON BOAT, A BIG COOLER AND A GRILL. THE OZARKS ARE ONLY 2.5 HRS AWAY.

KENNY PRATT
    217-430-1061

6. Qcy Godfather says:

The Godfather and others say the way to make a million dollars in racing is to start out with 2 million.

7. craig courty says:

Well since you mentioned my name I suppose I will comment back to you I guess you moved on from grandstand etiquette and fans deserving to know about imca decisions to cheating and you hit the big two tire soaking and it looks like traction control the big favorites among fans to explain racers who win a lot. I will skip grandstand behavior and touch on fans deserving to know disciplinary action to a driver, racing usually works best when drivers drive officials make and enforce the rules and fans stay on the grandstand side of the catchfence and watch the racing, the only thing fans deserve to know is what time the races start and how much admission costs. Next the cheating if you know so much about it why not say what it is exactly and who it is by name and help the officials out, speaking of names its interesting someone who has so much to say has no conviction in what they say because they cant use their real name which usually is caused by a lack of onions in the bag (from my life experience) cowardice is a word that comes to mind.

What’s traction control I mean in a racecar? Drat I’d be a lousy cheater. Please & Thank you
    Sincerely
    LK

9. DRONE says:

JUST A FAN :

TRACTION CONTROLE IS AN ELECTRONIC DEVISE THAT IS USUALLY INSTALLED RIGHT NEXT TO THE FLUX-CAPASITOR…..

DRONE IS WATCHING

10. Charlie Bryson says:

Really Drone, you are way behind time. If you want to complain about something, at least have a little bit of knowledge about it. I have said it many times, the worst racer in the world is judged by fans that don’t know a thing about racing and seeing only what they want to see, that’s why I take the video’s, I can back up what I say.
    Kenny, I understand where you are coming from, none of this is meant to you. If someone didn’t love the racing they would never have got involved in it. It’s just like farming, easiest way to loose money is to get involved in it.

11. modfan says:

Wow Charlie i dont think drone is behind time at all if you dont think tc and tire juice is out there at qr your nuts

12. Showstopper says:

I agree 100% modfan. It is out there in a big way. QR won’t police it, they are to busy running other drivers off like the 66 stock car. This guy was legal all year at 3 different imca tracks. Comes to Qr and get dq in same car no changes. Wonder why car count is low?? In my neck of woods farmers are rich. All drive new trucks etc. Think Charlie is livin in the 70s!

13. bullringfan says:

All I have to say is that if someone is cheating at QR,they are wasting there time and money. There has only been one dominant driver to stink up the show in all classes with feature wins this year and I doubt he is cheating or he would have been caught by now by tech or ratted out by other drivers…..and if you want to make a small fortune is racing,start with a big fortune!! :)

In a world where reading comprehension is more super power-ish than a requirement you’re telling my a feature that’s considered a huge safety selling point in my world is cheating in the dirt world? Traction Control, I don’t get it???

15. bullringfan says:

you are over thinking it,JAF. :) traction control on a street car and a race car serve the same purpose: to keep the tires from spinning as much and allowing the vehicle an advantage over cars without traction control. If one race car is running TC,he is going to have an advantage over the cars that aren’t. The only way TC is fair is if all cars can have it(in a racing scenario). TC takes some of the driver’s skill out of the equation because he doesn’t have to control the gas pedal as much coming out of the corners because the tires won’t be spinning as much as the car that doesn’t have TC. Clear as mud now? :)