It’s that DIRT-y time of the year

September 19, 2013 34 Comments

DIRTYimages1Once again, Quincy Raceways fans get the chance to pick their Driver of the Year in each of the five weekly series at the track through the Stevie Dirt blog’s fifth annual DIRT-y Driver of the Year online voting.

Voting opens today for the sport compacts and will continue through midnight Sunday. Kim Abbott is the defending sport compact champion.

Following the DIRT-y Driver of the Year balloting will be the revealing of the sixth annual Stevie Dirt All-Dirt teams for all five classes — but first things first. Get those keyboards ready. Race fans, this your vote, so let us know who your choice is.

Here’s a look back at past DIRT-y Drivers of the Year.

LATE MODEL DIRT-Y DRIVERS OF THE YEAR

2011: Aaron Brocksieck
2010: Andrew Griffin
2009: Steve Steinkuhler

SPORT COMPACT DIRT-Y DRIVERS OF THE YEAR
2013: ??
2012: Kim Abbott

HOBBY STOCK DIRT-Y DRIVERS OF THE YEAR (class no longer exists)
2013: ??
2012: Tanner Klingele
2011: Adam Scott
2010: Nathan Hayes
2009: Adam Scott

1. cheyanne shaw says:

Laine vantzant

Cheyanne,

Please cast your vote for Laine Van Zant on the poll at the right.

3. DRONE says:

DRONE PREDICTS BIG DUNKER BY 8.25 VOTES.

DRONE IS WATCHING

4. dirt wizard says:

Who is Alex Baker? And why is he on here with good drivers?

5. Cody Hall says:

When does voting for other classes start?

6. Kimberly J. White says:

Voting for Alex Baker as driver of the year

After the sport compacts, we’ll go stock cars, sport mods, mods and late models — in that order.

Let’s all vote for the old man… I’m sure its the only thing he will win until he starts playing bingo at the old folks home!!! ;)

9. speedo says:

Who is dirt wizard and why is he on here with the intelligent people??????

10. Slow 27 says:

who is dirt wizard? and why is he on the bench with the other bench racers?

11. SKIPP says:

ITS “DRIVER” OF THE YEAR ….
    JUS SAYIN

12. Slow 27 says:

and i got your driver, right here!

13. SKIPP says:

YA’LL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT TAKES TO PILOT A FWD CAR MADE TO GO TO WAL-MART AND BACK…AROUND ,NOT ONLY QRW , BUT ALSO LEE COUNTY , AND BURLINGTON….IF YOU GUYS VOTE FOR ANY ONE OF US BESIDES “DEUCE-DEUCE” ….YER CRAZY…!!!!
    THIS KID HAS A KNACK FOR GETTIN TO THE FRONT AND STAYIN THERE….WORKING THRU TRAFFIC….MAKING THINGS WORK WHEN IT SHOULDNT….
    I HAVE A FAST CAR AND NO FEAR , AND YEH, IVE BEAT HIM A FEW TIMES….BUT THIS KID CAN DRIVE THE HECK OUT OF A 4-BANGER……ANY OTHER VOTE WOULD BE , AS MIKE TYSON SAYS …”WOODAQWISS”
    WHETHER OR NOT MY VOTE IS A DECIDING VOTE …AUSTEN BECERRA IS HANDS DOWN THEEEEEEE BEST 4CYL DRIVER IN THE AREA…..EVEN IF HE DOESNT GET ALL THE “I’LL TEXT EVERYBODY I KNOW AND THEIR FRIENDS TO VOTE FOR ME” VOTES …..
    AS RICK FLAIR SAYS ….”TO BE THE MAN…..YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN” ….AND NOBODY AROUND HERE CAN BEAT 22 CONSISTANTLY….THEREFORE…..”DEUCE-DEUCE” …IS…..
    THE
    MAN..!!!!!
    HE
    IS
    THE
    BEST….!!!!!!!
    AND WELL DESERVING OF A TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP…!!!!!!
    I……AM……THE FAST #3 4-BANGER
    SKIPP

14. Paiger says:

My vote is Alex Baker!! 27AM all the way baby :)

15. Lightning Laine says:

Lmao

16. Lightning Laine says:

Lmao!

Oooo damn I thought I was picking the better dunker brother! Can u get my vote back?!?!?

18. Longtimefan says:

I think the voting should be from the fans in the stands. That way you can only vote once for your driver. It is obvious the voting is being “stacked”.

19. dirtfan says:

I would say some massive poll rigging is in effect. Unless almost 400 people voted once which I doubt. No way a guy with 3 tops 5’s and 10 top 10’s should be driver of the year. Top 10’s aren’t hard to come by in a 10 car field. Bercerra has 6 wins and 13 top 5’s in 15 races. There’s your driver of the year and don’t think i’m playing favorites here. Sport Compacts are my cue to go get another beer. No offense fellas have seen some good racing up in the front of the Compact features. Its just the guys in the back who seem to think “body slamming someone is a pass” are the ones that annoy me.

20. AlexBakerSlow27 says:

hey “fans” ^
    maybe i just have a large fan base of people who know i deserve it.
    if ya wanna try, get a car, show me how. i promise you my “10th place car” will lap you! get some!

21. QR fan says:

Relax people. This is for fun! It’s a popularity contest, WHo can get the most friends to vote. There’s no conspiracy. enjoy it!!! Wait for Mr. Dirt to name his own drivers of year. if i read him right, that will come after the fans vote for their pick. Is that right Stevie?

QR fan,

Yes, that’s right. After the fans make their choices, we’ll name our sixth annual “All-Dirt teams.”
    Keep up the voting folks, we’ve got three-plus days left for the sport compacts. There will be a lot of changes! There is every year. That’s what makes it fun.

23. SKIPP says:

BAKER….
    YOU COULDNT LAP A TAXI….
    JUST SHUT UP …AND FINISH 8TH
    YOUR WEARIN US OUT
    I …..AM……THE “3RD” BEST DRIVER THERE….SUCK IT UP

24. Longtimefan says:

Alex dont think it would be that hard for someone to beat you. You happen to either finish dead last or not at all in every race.

25. 22 fan says:

becerra has 7 feature wins 5 in a row

26. dirtfan says:

Like your confidence Alex. Now back it up this weekend with a win and I might vote for ya. Winning cures everything. Prove me wrong.

P.S. You wont be the first person to prove me wrong and probably wont be the last one either. Hell I might even stop by your pit so you can say “I told ya so!” lol

27. bullringfan says:

look at how many driver of the year awards dale JR wins and look at how “good” of a driver he is. Although this year he has competition now that Danica mania is taking over. what a joke.

28. LEAD FOOT says:

Baker27 how can you say that you deserve it? Have you WON a race at QR or have you even been in the top 5? When I have been at the races all I see you do is hit everybody to pass them. THAT’S NOT RACING THAT’S CALLED A DEMOLITION DERBY. When you can win a race and not hit people then MAYBE we can take you seriously.

29. Alex Baker says:

skipp, the only thing youre best at is carrying more drama than a junior high girl. i make kmart money, cuz im still in high school that is, AND have a single overhead cam cavi with like 125-130 horse! and ive passed you. you have like 155 stock plus the rebuild plus the other thousands youve put into it. im the only sohc racing out there. dohc makes a huge difference. but ill let the haters hate, and do what i love doing; proving ignorant people like you wrong.

And as always the 22 takes the lead… Guess rigging is fair game for everyone ;)

31. SKIPP says:

PASSE ME….????
    BE GONE……..
    GO BUY SOME GOLF CLUBS……BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL THIS WEEK ONLY. AND WITH YOUR DISCOUNT , THAT STILL BE MORE THAN WHAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR P.O.S. 4-CYL
    LOVE…MR 8 FEATURE / 14 HEAT WINNER
    YEP…..YOU GUESSED IT
    SKIPP

32. flyby says:

A 40 YEAR OLD PICKING ON A 16 YEAR OLD ON THE INTERNET THATS AWESOME YOUR THE BEST DONKER SHOWS YOUR MATURITY LEVEL

AT LEAST HE LEAVES HIS NAME FLYBY. DAM CLOSET RACERS.
    NO AGE LIMIT ON GETTIN SET STRAIGHT. IF UR A PROUD BAKER FAN WEAR A BAKER RACING SHIRT TONITE

TALK $HIT……GET BIT!

FAST #3

34. Alex Baker says:

lol my fans always wear their shirts, buster.

you guys are pathetic.