Lunch is on Tony

October 31, 2013 39 Comments

big-moneyAll of the victories aside, the only thing you need to know about how much Tony Dunker has dominated the the first two full years of sport mod racing at the Bullring is to look at the money-earned category.

Dunker has won more money than any other two drivers combined.

Combined!

Even Dunker expects this kind of dominance to begin to level off — and for two reasons. Even as fine of a team that is behind him the law of percentages eventually rears its ugly head and things like flat tires or some sort of engine issue will eventually strike the No. 3 team. It’s inevitable. And so is the continued development of some of the younger drivers behind him like Tanner Klingele, Bobby Anders and Brad Holtmeyer.

Tony Dunker

Tony Dunker

Did I say Bobby Anders? Why, yes I did. Anders was suspended and fined $1,000 last year after the incident with Chris Larson. By the start of the season, look for all of that to work itself out.

Do I think Dunker will the favorite in this class going into 2014? Most definitely.

Do I think he will win a third straight championship? Yes to that, too.

But I also think the race for the big iron will be much closer. And so will the race for the biggest paycheck.

SPORTS MOD MONEY EARNED LEADERS
Points races only
2013: Tony Dunker, $4,400
2012: Tony Dunker, $4,960

All races
2013: Tony Dunker, $5,528
2012: Tony Dunker, $5,560

CAREER LEADERS (since 2012)
Points races only
1. Tony Dunker, $9,360
2. Tanner Klingele, $4,365
3. Bobby Anders, $3,860
4. Joe Bliven, $3,475
5. Brad Holtmeyer, $3,235
6. Charles Van Zandt, $2,465

CAREER LEADERS (since 2012)
All races
1. Tony Dunker, $11,088
2. Tannker Klingele, $6,703
3. Bobby Anders, $3,960
4. Joe Bliven, $3,735
5. Brad Holtmeyer, $3,498
6. Charles Van Zandt, $2,998
7. Brandon Dale, $2,018
8. Jim Gillenwater, $1,643
9. Chandler Owens, $1,485
10. Rick Barlow Jr., $1,148

Wonder if cherry pie is the dessert since everyone accuses him of cherry picking lol

2. LEAD FOOT says:

Tony CHERRY PICKER if he was any kind of a racer he would move up to the A-Mods. OH wait he did that and couldn’t win. Tony put some big boy pants on and move up! What is this about Bobby he gets another chance at QR. He has been suspended more then once and he still gets to come back. WOW!!!

LEAD FOOT,

Nothing is cast in stone about Bobby Anders’ return. My comment was more or less a prediction. I’m sure the fine will be paid, suspension lifted and a stern warning will be in place by the start of 2014 season. But then again, I could be wrong. I thought the Cleveland Indians would win the World Series this year.

4. Dave Moore says:

HaHaHa is Cleveland in Canada or maybe Greenland. Awfully lot of hostility behind these fake names. Your daytime job people won’t publish unless a personal name is used.

The real question is … what is Dave Moore’s real name? Who would use a screen name like “Dave Moore” … hmmmmm???

GOOD MORNING LEAD FOOT…OR LEAD (blank) CUZ I CAN ONLY ASSUME YOUR A BENCH RACER.
    I WISH THEY WOULD LET ME RUN BOTH CLASSES BUT AS OF NOW TEAM 3 IS QUITE HAPPY AS AN IMCA SPORTMOD OPERATION.
    I WOULD GLADLY BUILD YOU A CAR IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT STEVO DAVIE & MICHAEL, HECK MITE AS WELL GETCHA A LM TOO AND BEAT BURGTORF & WOODWORTH & PERRY

#3

Oooo oooo I have a real name but nobody seems to know me by that name to quote Shakespeare what is in a name okay that’s all pie does sound good though!!!

8. KENNY PRATT says:

LEAD FOOT:

WITH THE NEW DUDES TAKING OVER IT’S GOING TO BE A WHOLE NEW BALL GAME. FINE FOR ANDERS, NO FINE FOR ANDERS, IT SHOULDN’T MATTER.
    SCALE GATE, 3 DIFFERENT WEIGHTS WITHIN THREE MINUTES ????

KENNY D AND CREW WILL GET IT RIGHT FROM THE GIT GO. AS I SEE IT EVERYONE WILL START WITH A CLEAN SLATE. FROM DRIVERS, CREWS, FANS AND NEW OWNERS EVERYONE HAS A FRESH START.

SO, BOBBY ANDERS-HURRY BACK, CLINT KIRKHAM-HURRY BACK.
    WHOM EVER ELSE WAS WRONGED-HURRY BACK.

AS FAR AS PICKING ON SO CALLED “CHERRY PICKERS” WILL KEITH (COOL KAT)BE A CHERRY PICKER IF AND WHEN HE STARTS WINNING IN MODS???
    HELL NO, IT JUST MEANS LIKE TONY DUNKER AND CREW, KEITH JUST WORKED HARDER AND SMARTER THOSE WINNING WEEKS.

SO PACK A LUNCH LEAD FOOT…..

KENNY PRATT
    217-430-1061

9. ONTHEBUBBLE says:

Anders was’nt wronged !!!, he shouldn’t get to come back until he pays the fine and that should be between him and IMCA

10. 2HA says:

Onthebubble from what i heard imca didn’t fine him track owners did

11. Kenny Pratt says:

On bubble, bobby deal was local. Know the facts before to start typing. IMCA DID NOT FINE HIM

I’M BIG KP

12. Danny Rosencrans says:

Hey, Dunk, I know IMCA has some rules about running multiple classes, but could you not run both IMCA sport mod and UMP mod? Understand, I am not jumping on the ” we hate Tony ” bandwagon, just a question.

Danny

HEY DANNY, AS I EXPLAINED IN THE PAST. IN FEB 2012 I WAS CLEARED BY BRETT ROOT AT IMCA TO RUN A UMP MOD AND IMCA SPORTMOD. 3 WEEKS INTO THE QRW SCHEDULE PEOPLE CALLED COMPLAINING AND IMCA SENT ME CERTIFIED LETTER DEMANDING I FORFEIT ONE OF MY LICENSES.
    TRACK LOCATIONS FOR SUCH CLASSES MADE THIS A NO BRAINER.
    ALSO FOR THE RECORD..IN MY IMCA SPORTMOD I RAN IN A $10K TO WIN RACE..A $2K..A $1500…A $1003..AND (2) $1K TO WIN RACES IN 2013.
    I BELIEVE ONLY LONG & WIETHOLDER IN THE UMP MODS CAN COMPARE TO THAT ATTENDANCE SO YEA…PICK THEM CHERRIES!
    AND LEADFOOT…U EAT EM

SPORTMOD #3

14. Bobby anders says:

Hey lead foot would u like to get ur story straight before u start running ur mouth about fines,expensions an who gave the fine. Besides I dnt care what u think of me an I’m pretty sure any other driver dnt care what u think of them. One thing I’m doing is keeping u off someone else’s a**!!!!

20BA
    BOBBY ANDERS

15. LEAD FOOT says:

TONY THE CHERRY PICKER! I GUESS YOU ARE LUCKY THAT THE QRW RAN OFF GILLENWATER, AND BOBBY WRECKS PEOPLE WHO TRY TO PASS HIM SO THEY KICK HIM OUT(MORE THEN ONCE)SO TONY WHEN THERE IS GOOD DRIVERS THAT SHOW UP TO QRW THEY ARE RUN OFF OR TAKIN OUT. NOW YOU KNOW WHY QRW CANT GET ANY TOP DRIVERS TO COME(IN SPORTMODS)AND BIG KP YOUR SON HAS MORE ROLLOVER TROPHYS THEN FEATURE WINS SO THAT WAS A GOOD MOVE FOR HIM TO MOVE DOWN A CLASS BUT I THINK HE NEEDS TO MOVE DOWN 1 OR 2 MORE CLASSSES.BE LIKE TONY AND MOVE DOWN TO THE B(BEGINER’S CLASS)MODS AND CHERRY PICK

16. Bobby anders says:

Lead foot do you not get out of quincy to see what other sport mods myself an tony run against almost every weekend must not just one that loves to be in the stands an bad talk people on the track

20BA
    Bobby anders

Bobby Anders I hope to see you next year rocking it like you always do! Kicking booty taking names and giving Tony and run for it!!! Was a blast watching you race and I miss seeing you out there!!

18. craig courty says:

You would think that people who have these strong opinions about drivers would just by-pass the internet blog and go on down to the pits and tell the drivers all of their musings that being said leadfoot, onthebubble, dirt wizard, drone, flyby, any other nameless clown etc etc may be the same person they all have one thing in common they are gutless cowards its the worse thing about the internet mental midgets actually have an audience here its awesome kp and the dunkers put their phone numbers in here of course no one will ever call them funny how that works right? p.s. hey stevie 56-0 today will they ever lose again?

19. Showstopper says:

More rollover trophies than wins for the 33. Ha ha. He does have quite a few rollovers. Least if he raced sport mods Dunker wld. have some sort of competition maybe. Dunkers head wont fit thru his helmet much longer at this rate. But lets all remember his infamous winless streak in UMP mods!

20. Danny Rosencrans says:

Tony, thanks for reminding everyone. No doubt you made the best decision. Good luck in 2014!

21. LEAD FOOT says:

Bobby you need to read what I said. I said you have been suspended more then once. Lets see you hit Carlin in the drivers door. Then you take Larson out and send him to the hospital. So my thought and MANY more belive you should NEVER race at QRW. Yes I go to other tracks and there is a lot better competition at them and why is that.

22. Bobby anders says:

Is there a name behind that screen name LEAD FOOT

GOOD OLE … LEAD FOOT.
    YEA YEA YOU MUST TALK TO JIM G 3 X’S A WEEK CUZ YOU KNO MORE ABOUT HIM THAN ME CAUSE HE TELLS ME SUNDAY NITES AT QUINCY DONT WORK FOR HIM. YES HE ALSO HAS BAD LUCK GETTIN CAUGHT IN MISHAPS BUT ITS PART OF RACING, HELL I START BACK THERE WITH HIM EVERY WEEK BUD.
    NO TOP DRIVERS? THAT OUGHTA MAKE A GUY FEEL GOOD THAT FINISHES IN THE BACK OF A FIELD OF NON TOP DRIVERS.
    SO I GUESS B4 YOUR JEALOUSY DRIVES YOU MAD…GO OUT & BUY URSELF SOME DECENT EQUIPMENT & TEAM 3 WELCOMES YOU & ANYONE ELSE TO THE SO EASY TO WIN IN SPORTMOD CLASS. ITS THE OFFSEASON..ANY DRIVER OUT THERE CAN SET UP TO RUN THIS CLASS SO YALL DECIDE NOW SO YA DONT SIT AROUND IN 2014 WHEN ONE GUY WINS 80% OF THE RACES
    HEY..DIDNT STEVO WIN 80% IN UMP? SHUDNT HE HAFTA RUN LATE MODELS?

SO I GUESS U FIND THE EQUIPMENT & DRIVER TO BEAT TEAM 3…SHUT UR JEALOUS MOUTH & GO PLAY WITH YOUR BOATS…….JAMIE FIERGE!

DONT HATE ME….CUZ U AINT ME!

#3 ON THE TRACK #1 IN YOUR HEART

OH OH OH YEA…SHOWSTOPPER/MENDON MAFIA SPOKESPERSON WE ALL REMEMBER THE WINLESS STREAK DUMMY, ITD BE LONGER IF I DIDNT MOVE TO SPORTMODS. YOU TELLIN ME YOUR PICK TO BEAT THE 35 & 05 IS 33? I SMELL A BET COMING IF SO..AND DONT BE ALL EXCITED NEXT YEAR THIS TIME WHEN HE FINISHES TOP 5 IN POINTS CUZ WITH ALL DUE RESPECT KELLY BARTZ GOT 4TH IN 013

AND LETS DONT FORGET THE 31 RACE STREAK OF 1ST & 2NDS…STILL ACTIVE AS WE BREATHE TODAY…BET YOU CANT PICK ONE OF UR SUPER LATE MODEL BUDDIES PAST OR PRESENT THAT COULD DO THAT….IN THE 4 CYL CLASS

ENJOY UR OFFSEASON

BY THE WAY..IF YOU DONT START THE SHOW…YOU CANT STOP IT….DUNCE

#3

25. LEAD FOOT says:

Sorry to disappoint you Tony WRONG person for LEAD FOOT!!!!

26. Jamie Fierge says:

Looks like I need to apologize to some people for some thing I did not say. I was lead foot 1 to 2 years ago but I have not used that sense. I have used my own name and I don’t get on here very much,so I would not know what was being said. I use 4 different computers and might have left all my personal stuff on one. When I get to work today I will erase it all so no bodies feelings get hurt again and no more lead foot. I did not know lead foot said all this until it was brought to my attrition today. Tony I thought you knew me better then that 1. I am not jealous 2.I think I congradulate you after every race that I am at or text you and see how you did at the big shows you go to and tell you good luck before you go out. STEVE PLEASE IF YOU SEE MY EMAIL COME UP AND ITS NOT WITH MY NAME AT THE TOP PLEASE DONT PUT IT ON HERE BECAUSE IT WONT BE ME PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIZE AND IF YOU WOULD RATHER HERE IT FROM ME MY NUBER IS 653-6530

APOLOGY ACCEPTED BY TEAM 3, AND YES JAMIE I KNOW YOUR A MAN OF YOUR WORD AND ALSO A RESPECTFUL COMPETITOR THAT KNOWS THE TIME IT TAKES AWAY FROM FAMILY TO BE AT THE TOP OF THE RACING GAME.

YOU ARE CORRECT THAT YOU ARE CONSTANTLY CHECKING ON MY FINISHES & ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD LUCK & BE SAFE FOR ME B4 I PULL ON THE TRACK WHEN YOU ARE THERE.

I APOLOGIZE AS WELL FOR JUMPING THE GUN & ACCUSING

SHOWSTOPPER……….31……..31……31 STRAIT!!!!

#3

OHHHHHHH LEADFOOT #2……..UR JUST JEALOUS CUZ IM THE KING

IM SURE UR AS EMBARASSED AS FLYBY BUT ILL GIVE IT A TRY, WHAT…IN THE HELL ARE YOU FAMOUS FOR???

#3

29. showstopper says:

Does Simpson build an oversized helmet that Dunker’s head will fit in? Might be a good Christmas present? 31 strait against rookies and sub-par equipment. Yay for you. How many strait no 1st or 2nds in UMP features? I’m glad you know all my late model buddies. They feel the same way 90% of us do about you racing in sportmods, but they are sure glad you didn’t pursue your infamous late model career. Now that was a joke. Anyone have footage of you driving the late model? If so send it to America’s funniest home videos. You will win the grand prize.

30. Dave Moore says:

Well your fake name policy has made one friend mad at another friend. Its good they got it straighten out. Like I said, your day job (HW) WILL NOT PRINT ANYTHING WITHOUT A PROPER NAME . Without using a proper name it is BULLYING. Do you condone this type of this behavior?

Bullying, Dave, is what you do to the poor Blonde Girls. I’m surprised you can sleep at night. Tsk. Tsk.

HAHA..AMEN TO THAT LATEMODEL DEALIO BUD. THAT WAS A DISGRACE. GOOD THING TONY WARNER LET ME DRIVE HIS LATE MODEL, IDA LOST MY REAR END ON THAT ADVENTURE. SO YEA I QUICKLY FOLDED THAT HAND.
    UMP MODS? A FEW SECONDS IN FEATURE BEHIND THE BEST QUINCY HAS SEEN #35 SR & 18L…EVEN A FEW CLOSE ENUFF BEHIND 18L I COULD STILL READ HIS NUMBER. ONLY TIME I EVER REMEMBER PASSING THEM TWO, PASSED EM BOTH IN 1&2 & SPUN OUT B4 I GOT DOWN BACKSTRETCH.
    BUT I KNEW WHAT IT TOOK TO BEAT EM. MEMBER WEN I PUT J REED IN THE 4ST & HE WON THE 09 TITLE?
    I WILL AGREE COMPETITION IN SPORTS IF 8TH ON DOWN IN UMP MODS MOVED TO SPORTS WHERE THEY BELONG. WHY WOULD A GUY GO TO A RACE KNOWING HE HAS NO CHANCE OF WINNING?
    IM SURE U KNO ALL THAT TOO SO ILL QUITE RAMBLIN…BUT KEEP ON RUNNIN UP RECORDS IN SPORTMODS….UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF BET WORTH MY TIME IN UMP MODS???

QUESTION?…CAN U EVEN PUT GAS IN A RACECAR?

I GOTTA GO BUD. BOUT TO WATCH THE BEARS TAKE DOWN THE PACK

#3…..3XCHAMP…3 YEARS STRAIT? HMMMM

33. chuck ancell says:

first tony was forced into ump mods when quincy raceways droped the b mod class second tony is one of the top 5 sportmods in the country third he has won big races in sportmods and tony and brandon brown have helped several of the quincy guys get there race cars faster just watched him get second place to a whole field of fast sportmods at donnelson ia a few weeks back was no cherry picking going on there

YOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!! “BLOGSTOPPER” COME ON I WANNA HEAR YOUR PREDICTIONS FOR UMP MODS FOR 014.
    WORD ON THE STREET IS ONE OF YOUR MENDON MAFIA PILOTS…MR 3RD PLACE HIMSELF IS ON THE LOOKOUT FOR A NEW MOD
    THE CAMP POINT JOURNAL BREAKING STORY SAYS TIM GRIFFIN IS PUTTIN JUSTIN “CREDIBLE” REED IN A UMP MOD NEXT YEAR

ANY TRUTH TO THAT??

#3

The first 2014 predictions are always in November … and they will be upcoming around the middle of the month … I can tell you this, there will be mod at least one UMP mod prediction/revelation for 2014 that WILL be surprising …

36. Dave Moore says:

Has anybody ever tried to pick a gallon of cherries. It isn’t an easy task. Also cheap as dirt is a very bad saying also, as dirt sells for many thousand of dollars per acre.

37. Kenny Pratt says:

Who is Mr 3rd place. I’m miffed.
    KP Sr

38. 2HA says:

Really lead foot how can you say if tony was any kind of racer he would move up he won more money the past two years in a sport mod then 90% of the ump mods won pretty smart on tonys part.

39. Qcy Godfather says:

I think the Whig should be paying or sponsoring Dunker. Anytime this blog gets slow all Dirt has to do is mention Tony and it goes crazy. He need to be compensated for the use of his name and some what shady reputation.