Best Bullring rivalries?

February 11, 2014 13 Comments

2014QRLogoHeading into the 2014 season, here are my choices for what will be the best Sunday night rivalries at the cathedral of commotion:

Steven DeLonjay vs. Dave Wietholder; We know we’re in for a wild ride when these two drivers are running one-two at the front of the UMP modified field. DeLonjay is not afraid protect his turf and Wietholder has never backed down from a rival fender since he began racing. “There’s a reason he (Wietholder) has a bull on the side of his car,” said a fellow driver.

bro368Tony Dunker vs. Bobby Anders: The Villain is carving out his legacy and Anders will be trying to restart his sport mod career following a 2013 midseason suspension. While the two are friends, both are also willing to apply the chrome horn when they feel it is needed. Last year’s sport mod class became rather boring as the summer progressed. This season should be quite different.

Abe Huls vs. Terry Houston: They are the reigning kings of the stock car class and should again duke it out in gentlemanly fashion all season. There does not have to be fisticuffs to constitute a good rivalry. Huls and Houston both race hard, but they also run clean.

Dustin Griffin vs. Mark Burgtorf vs. Jason Perry: These three will likely be the favorites for the UMP Super Late Model title heading into the season. Three different driving styles, and all are successful. There will be many Sunday nights when they are all running at the front of the pack, and many Sunday nights when there will be considerable sheet metal damage.

1. joe boom says:

No sport compacts rut ro dirt skippy wont be too happy whith ya

2. Fordracer06 says:

What about the best rivalry of all? Ford vs Chevy vs Mopar. That is always a rivalry in every form of motorsports.

3. 2HA says:

Really dirt what kind of a rivalry is that in the lm 2 out 3 didn’t race out there combined 10 times last year

2Ha,

I think you better check your math. Mark was there all season and Jason missed 3 or 4 weeks when he was sick, that was it. Granted, Dustin didn’t race much because he was preoccupied with the Hell Tour. But that’s why it’s a prediction.

That said, it may boil down to just Mark and Jason. At this point, I’m not sure Dustin is planning on running much in Quincy.

The best bullring rivalries have yet to begin…. 2014 I think we are gong to see a whlole lot of action followed by some crazy smack talk and then the fun will unfold and the racing will be hot!

6. DRONE says:

HEY STEVIE:

WHATS THE LATEST ON THE JENNINGS 56 CAR ? LAST I HEARD WAS THAT MICHAEL WANTED TO CONCENTRATE ON THE UMP MODIFIED NATIONAL TITLE AND POSSIBLY WAS LOBBYING TO GET JASON FRANKLE IN THE 56 LM.

CHARLIE/STEVIE WHATS IN THE CRYSTYAL BALL ON THIS TOPIC????

DRONE (WOULD LOVE TO SEE JASON BACK FULL TIME)

7. barb says:

I heard Justin Jennings is going to drive the 56 some this year when he is not racing his truck in the Camping World Series.

8. Zero says:

I don’t see much sheet metal being damaged with Mark 7B running and racing with other racers. Mark is probably one of most clean drivers we have also counting DW. I say the its going be between Mark and Perry and maybe Dw. I just got feeling Mark and Perry is be going to be the ones batteling it out for the title. I say Mark will be your 2014 title winner. That’s my guess. Who knows it could be a sleeper that could strike anytime like Jerry Lierly 7L. He has the equipment and motor to

9. Zero says:

Steve, what going with this site when a message appears and (says you have already said once before). What is the deal with that? I never even got to finish my comment and it cut me off. So are you putting restrictions on here or what.

Zero,

I’m not sure what you are talking about. Anything that I have seen you have submitted is on here. The only “editing,” etc., that I do is if someone forgets and drops an f-bomb or something like that. I have to keep an eye on the Dunker boys for that kind of stuff.

11. Fordracer06 says:

F-bomb; that’s no way to talk about Fords! I’m going to drop several F-bombs. Ford, Ford, Ford, Ford! Take that Chevy boys!

12. Drone says:

06: THAT LAST MSJ ABOUT F-BOMBS IS WAY TOO FUNNY. ….

DRONE IS WATCHING

13. Randy Rigg says:

Seighinger do the math on Clint Kirkham not out of the top five at Q/R and Burlington most of the year. I am positive that he would have had a strong second place finish in points if the track had not cheated him and if he had finished the year! He was in the zone on the slick tracks at the end of the year. Don’t forget Frankel to. This blog is turning into a broken record.Nothing against Mark but clean the 7B off your glasses!

Randy