Can Dunker dethrone Becerra?

February 18, 2014 14 Comments

21+3 logoEach offseason we like to provide a double dose of preseason predictions, one in November and then one in mid-February to see how the winter changes actually shook out.

With the sport compacts, the biggest news in the past three months was Pat Dunker confirming he would return to the series. Before Thanksgiving, we had Skipp ticketed for a sport mod.

Here’s our new predictions for the sport compacts:

Champion: Austen Becerra. If Becerra wins a second straight title, it will give him the opportunity to move into the No. 1 position for both the all-time sport compacts and overall four-cylinders rankings. Becerra’s bid for No. 1 will also depend on how Kim Abbott does this season (see rankings bekow).

Austen Becerra

Austen Becerra

Runner-up: Pat Dunker. If there is one program that appears to have the power plant to compete with the Mighty Becerra it could be the one headed by the “other” Dunker, the one with the cool hair.

Third place: Kim Abbott. She’s cornered the market on runner-up points finishes. Can she finally push through that final barrier?

SPORT COMPACTS ALL-TIME RANKINGS (2011-13)

Drivers receive ranking points on a 15-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 scale for their position in the final top 10 points standing each season. Ties are broken by number of championships, second-place points finishes, top five points finishes, top 10 points finishes, etc.

1. Seith Woodruff, 30 points (2 titles)
2. Kim Abbott, 28
3. Austen Becerra, 23
4. Brandon Lambert, 19
5. Laine Van Zandt, 13
6. Casey Kendrick, 10
7. Craig Bangert, 9
8. Pat Dunker, 7
9. Austin Uppinghouse, 7
10. Robert Thompson, 7

Active drivers, minimum 4 points
Casey Lambert, 7
Alex Baker, 5
Bryce Baker, 4

FOUR CYLINDER ALL-TIME RANKINGS (2006-07, 2011-13)

Here’s how the track’s all-time track rankings look for four-cylinder cars, when the hornets from the 2006-07 seasons are included. Steven DeLonjay has the No. 1 ranking, breaking the points “tie” with Woodruff on the strength of features won, 13-3.

1. Steven DeLonjay, 30 points (2 titles)
2. Seith Woodruff, 30 (2)
3. Kim Abbott, 28
4. Austen Becerra, 23
5. Brandon Lambert, 19
6. Levi Long, 17
7. Laine Van Zandt, 13
8. Casey Kendrick, 10
9. Bill Winkle, 10
10. Craig Bangert, 9

1. swoodruff36w says:

Don’t count out the 36W just yet…

2. Drone says:

Drone thinks it might be SKIPPS year.

that is if ice forms on the river of Styx……

now I do think that the team of j-rat n Broadzilla will do very well..

drone is watching

3. Alex Baker says:

I’ve gotta pretty mean car and some wicked skills comin up….

stay tuned

-the very slow, yet determined 27

4. SKIPP says:

WELLL DAMM …. I GUESS I GOTTA SELL THIS SPORTMOD AND FIND ME A 4-BANGER
    WHADAYAKNOW …. THAT’LL MAKE … ME, 22 , 71 , 14 , 1B , 1DC , 36W ALL IN A HUNT TO CHALLENGE THE “SKILLS” OF 27 …….
    LEMME GUESS ….SUUUUCK THE FIRST 3 WEEKS ….START ON THE POLE THE REST OF THE YEAR … LEAD TO THE FLAGSTAND ….SUCK SOME MORE ….THEN BREAK …GET 10TH ……. “SKILLS” …. OK…. THANKS FOR COMMIN
    DRONE ….. S.A.B.K.
    I …..AM…….SOON TO BE CHAMP ……..#3
    GIT SUM

5. bullringfan says:

Sure he can beat Becerra,if Becerra stays home half of the season.

6. Alex Baker says:

I’ve never met someone who talks as much smack as you. that’s what you’re “champ” at. congrats. I’ve got my car dialed in. do you? of course, money buys alotta stuff don’t it skipp? I make minimum wage, I’m still in high school! all driver, no car. you’ll see bud.

see ya at the car show!

-skipps best friend, but most feared driver

27x, the young one, the young gun

7. SKIPP says:

HAHAHAHA
    SURE

8. Alex Baker says:

I may have sucked a lot in 2013, but in September I did a lot better. where were you in that heat race champ night?

playin around in the back watching the young gun show you the way up front.

9. Alex Baker says:

and if I hadn’t flipped, I would have loved to put you in 3rd place.

DAM…SOUNDS LIKE BAKER FOUND A WINTER PRACTICE TRACK. BETTER IN SEPTEMBER?? I GUESS ACTUALLY FINISHIN A RACE IS BETTER.
    THE ONLY TIME ULL SEE A CLEAR VIEW OF THE #3 & THEM DUECES IS IN LINE UP.

AND HERES THE $ DEAL AGAIN. IF YA CANT AFFORD TO RACE…BUY SOME TENNIS RACKETS.
    AND MAYBE SET UR GOALS ON BEATING MY 15 YEAR OLD NEPHEW.

#3 – THE ONE THEY CALL CHAMP

11. SKIPP says:

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN … LITTLE BOY
    SETTING GOALS IS A GOOD IDEA THO.. GOOD FOR YOU
    MAYBE…. ONE SUNDAY NITE .. ALL THE CARS I MENTIONED EARLIER WILL BREAK DOWN ALL AT ONCE AND YOU’LL BE ABLE TO REALIZE YOUR DREAMS !!!
    UNTIL THEN … BE NICE TO ME . AND I’LL LET YA COME OVER TO THE FRONT STRETCH AND GET IN MY PICTURE WITH LADIES …..
    YER WELCOME !!!!