Some spots still open for Quincy Mall show

March 10, 2014 8 Comments

2014QRLogoQuincy Raceways track promoter Ken Dobson dropped me a line today, saying there were still openings for cars at this weekend’s Quincy Mall Show.

Drivers still wishing to enter their cars should contact Dobson at 217-371-3653 or show up at Barney’s at 7 p.m. Thursday for the draw.

The Mall Show is Saturday and Sunday during regular mall hours. Fans will have the opportunity chance to get up close and personal with the cars and drivers before the 2014 season starts April 6.

1. showstopper says:

Barney’s? I kind of think I wouldn’t want the stigma of the previous owners that ruined QR in the picture at all. Maybe Barney’s isn’t owned by same people now? I would much rather meet at an establishment that supports the track and racers. I imagine Jeff Scott at Funspot would have welcomed this meeting.

2. SKIPP says:

TJ NEISEN (BARNEYS OWNER)
    BIG QR RACEFAN
    HAS SPONSORED MULTIPLE CARS IN THE PAST
    ITS A GOOD CONNECTION

3. lmfan says:

With Montgomery County Speedway opening this Saturday, will this affect the attendance at this car show?

4. Kenny D says:

Showstopper – I offered this meeting to the owner of what I would consider our primary ‘restaurant/bar’ sponsor and he suggested that we hold it elsewhere due to him having an existing crowd on Thursday nights that might result in us not being able to conduct a meeting.

BTW, the ‘former owners’ of Quincy Raceways still own Quincy Raceways… legally I think they are referred to as “Landlords” and they have been extremely helpful and cooperative in this transition.

5. Kenny D says:

lmfan – I’m not sure if Mont. County will affect the car show much. Perhaps a few might go down there, which is fine. It’s racing and that’s what we all do and enjoy. I know that there are a lot of cars in and around Quincy that just aren’t ready yet. This winter that never seems to end has put many people behind schedule.

6. bullringfan says:

Good question LMfan. I know when MCS was open two years ago,several local drivers went there on a regular basis. It’s a good track and an easy drive,I will be visiting every chance I get this year!! I guess it would depend if the points start Saturday night and if the local drivers plan on making a run at the championship at MCS. No racing for me this weekend,so I’ll be at the car show for a few minutes anyhow.

7. showstopper says:

Thanks Skip. I was under the impression Tony R. owned Barney’s Thanks for clearing that up.

TJ NEISEN—BUSINESS OWNER