This week’s picks to click

August 14, 2014 9 Comments

WINNERAndTheWinnerIs10It’s a rather light forecast this week with only three of the five series running. The sport mods will be the marquee class Sunday night.

Sport mods
Pick to click: Tony Dunker is now billing himself as “El Presidente” of the Group of Death, which includes Joey Gower, Bobby Anders, Brad Holtmeyer, Tanner Klingele — and himself. With the roll he has been on of late, Dunker can call himself whatever he wants.
Don’t forget about: Brad Holtmeyer, who has been rather quiet in recent weeks. Successful, but quiet.
That’s a fact, Jack: Improvement points, the combined number of spots a driver improves his starting position in the feature, are pretty one-sided: Dunker (83), Holtmeyer (54), Anders (40), Klingele (25) and Gower (22).

Stock cars
Pick to click: Brandon Savage can become the first stock car driver to win straight features.
Don’t forget about: Jerry Jansen, who will feel like it is a successful week if he can just finish the feature. The irony in Jerry’s season is no other driver in this class has had as much success as him in avoiding mechanical issues (and crashes) in recent years — until Lady Luck decided to kick No. 06 in the behind this summer.
That’s a fact, Jack: Savage and Abe Huls have won a combined 17 races this season. That’s more than half of all the stock car races (32) run this year.

Sport compacts
Pick to click: Austen Becerra continues to chase history. Mark down feature win No. 11.
Don’t forget about: Craig Bangert, who has given the class another quality car since his return.
That’s a fact, Jack: Modified driver Michael Long (125) took voer the track’s feature laps led league from Becerra (115) last Sunday. No other driver has led more than 73 (Steven DeLonjay).

1. Fordracer06 says:

Stevie, I’m fixin’ to kick back this Sunday. I plan on havin’ this ol’ Ford ready to rumble. That was sure rough watching from the pits last week. Being a speed junky, I’m having withdraws.

2. Fordracer06 says:

On another note. Why do all of the classes have videos of their features on the net except stockcars? It has happened twice now. Just wondering.

3. Kenny D says:

I’ll check into it. I know one time there was a problem with the Stock Car race – audio or something. I don’t think Randy likes to post them if something went wrong in filming it. I’ll ask him to post them even if there’s something wrong that makes it look like crap.

4. Dave Moore says:

Jerry, in the eyes of management the stock car class has been regulated to the bottom of the pack. This all started at QR when they took the transponders and gave them to the sport-mods. I’ll tell you some time in private who I think was behind it.

5. Charlie Bryson says:

Jerry, I can answer part of that for you. I video all of Michael Longs races and Rickey Frankel. I do Dave Weitholders when him and Michael are not in the same race, Tonya understands this. I will be doing Mark B. in the 33 also. I don’t know if anyone else does any or not. Maybe someone from the Stock car class should step up and do it. I tell you one thing you don’t want to do is film it from the pits, the lighting configuration at the track is just wrong to do it from there. I do it from the top row of the stands. I also do them at Granite City and I55, also from the top of the stands. Just a suggestion, grab someone to do it for you and put it on Youtube, I think I have or 200 races on there from the 3 tracks. Look on Youtube for Team33, Team18, Team05, and Team01 you will find all of them. If you just want to see the most recent when you bring up one of them just click on my name and it will just bring up mine and the newest. Good Luck, hope you can get something done.

Charlie

6. Kenny D says:

Two things…. 1. Last week’s videos have been uploaded (all classes). I’ll put them on the webpage tonight. 2. This conspiracy against the Stock Cars must have pre-dated me. I wasn’t aware of it. Best racing we have week in and week out.

7. Fordracer06 says:

Thanks for the answer Kenny. I understand having technical issues. No since putting them up if there bad. I was just wondering. Charlie, thanks for the input. It’s not a big issue. They are just neat to look at and study to see were you might be getting beat. Turn entry, turn exit, etc….

8. Dave Moore says:

Thanks Kenny D. for your comment about the stock car class. The conspiracy did pre date your taking over QR. The films as well as lap times are very good tools to look at to improve your car . Checking these lap times was always the first thing I would look at. Jack Walbrig could tell you more about the postings that QR used to make.

THATS RIGHT DAVE MOORE, WE USTA BE ABLE TO GET ON MY LAPS & TRACK OUR TRANSPONDERS.
    THIS WAS A NICE TRANSPONDER SYSTEM THAT TITAN WHEEL BOUGHT FOR THE TRACK BACK IN 2008-09. DID THE TECHNOLOGY OF THIS SYSTEM RUN OUT?
    WHY CAN’T WE USE THE SYSTEM TO ITS FULLEST LIKE WE USTA?

JUS CURIOUS